MOS has an in depth knowledge of environmental issues, focused on complete lifecycle impacts and aspects. Our environmental personnel are industry leaders in cutting edge environmental assessment and mitigation planning.
We work with our Clients to ensure environmental aspects are considered from early project concept, incorporating legal and ethical planning, risk assessment and continued due diligence and compliance to industry and international standards.
MOS has acted as independent advisors to a number of clients for the purposes of investment. We have developed a robust audit and assessment process that assesses compliance to International Finance Corporation Performance Standards and the Equator Principles (III).
We also provide a range of environmental services spanning both onshore and offshore oil and gas activities that includes:
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessments
(onshore and offshore)
The Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) process is an integral part of any project development and in most cases is a regulatory requirement. These assessments and plans may require submission to a regulator or government body to verify responsible parties have considered the potential environmental impacts, both positive and negative, from a proposed project. MOS are able to offer ESIA services covering:
- Seismic surveys (onshore and offshore)
- Exploratory, development and production drilling (onshore and offshore)
- New facilities and platforms
- New pipelines (onshore and offshore)
- Subsea tie-backs
- All types of offshore decommissioning
- Environmental Management System Design and Implementation
- MOS Practitioners work with our Clients to streamline management system design, ensuring a risk based approach is taken throughout the development process. We work to ensure integration of key systems and procedures where possible, drawing on the knowledge and experience of all those who will operate and work within the systems. We believe that workforce involvement is paramount in the design and implementation of a successful management system and offer ongoing training, mentoring and support for continued success.
- Environmental Due Diligence Auditing
- Environmental and Social management is a business critical risk. MOS are specialists in the implementation of and assessment of Environmental and Social management systems to standards such as OECD / International Finance Corporation / Equator Principles III. MOS staff have acted as independent advisors to a number of clients for the purposes of investment. We have developed a robust audit and assessment process that assesses compliance to International Finance Corporation Performance Standards and the Equator Principles (III).
- Environmental Permitting and Consenting Processes
- At MOS we work with our Clients from the planning stage through to permit submission stage offering guidance, support and preparation for all required supporting and submission documents. Our specialist teams will develop a specific Permits and Consents Register to ensure all regulatory requirements have been addressed.
- Contingency Planning and Spill Prevention and Control
- Oil spill contingency planning is fundamental to the oil spill preparedness process. A contingency plan can help to assist in the effective response to an incident and helps to guide the actions that an organisation needs to implement during and emergency event. MOS works with our Clients to create a documented plan that suits their needs for crisis management planning.